Corona Tip No. 1:
…the toilet paper problem
The older ones among us may remember 😜, you can also use newspaper or book pages if necessary. Larger leaves of green plants also go 😉. But before you do that, check again if you can still get kitchen rolls 🤔.
For the sustainable ones among us, who have already sewn their own make-up removal pads and use washable diapers for babies, you can also sew “toilet paper” from old T-shirts and shirts 😜🙈. Also, knitting and crocheting instructions are circulating.
Corona Tip No. 2:
…the mincemeat problem
This is about you wanting to cook something, but the ingredients are just sold out. What can you do?
1. Don’t panic! Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, there will be something again. 😜
2. Cook something else. 😉
3. If you don’t know what to cook, enter the ingredients you get on the internet (cooking side) and ask for a recipe.
4. Meat substitute made from red lentils, white beans, tofu or shredded cauliflower. Time take a look in the Arab and Asiatic kitchen. 👍 Naturally only virtually at present 😜.
5. Discounters are sold out faster than e.g., organic shops. After everything else is shut down and closed, one can carry its money there 😉.
6. Google for old granny recipes or recipes from eastern Germany. Ingredients like semolina are good to get. I have picked out a page for you:
Corona Tip No. 3:
-> for those of you who don’t know what that is anymore, it means to be occupied with your children; In a way that is appropriate for you 😉.
Probably the children are not sitting well-behaved in the corner, and if they do that and are quiet, then it is not good 🙄.
So how can you shut them up? Sorry, I meant to keep them busy? What do you really need to know?
1. More than with other problems: don’t panic. The brood feels this, like a bloodthirsty Doberman, and will take advantage of it mercilessly.🐕
2. They do not like the same thing at all ages. Wanting to play Lego with a 14-year-old at 5 am can ruin the whole day 🙈. And 3-year-olds puke when they get coffee. I don’t know why 🤔. So better make sure it fits first – maybe ask in a parents’ forum. There are still some who have taken care of their children themselves, so they didn’t both want to work, uh, I mean had to.
3. Give them a sum for which they can put something in the shopping cart at Amazon, and you have a time of rest – the more money available, the more rest 😜. With small children, you have to sit next to them and help. But you can also order something 😉. If you have little money, let them make a wish list – the next Christmas is sure to come 😊.
4. Make a cave out of the dining table and chairs, and the kids can eat there, or all of you can eat there – maybe forever 🤣. Put a cloth as a door and close it when they are inside. Then claim that you have misplaced the key, and you have to look for it first. You can now drink coffee in peace when the children fall asleep in the cave; you have more time 😊.
5. Take a look at the net; there are lots of tips for games and handicrafts that cost little or nothing.
6. Consider painting or renovating. Let the child, or however many you have, paint the walls with pencils, crayons, paint boxes – then it is at least worth painting and you have a few hours of peace and quiet.
7. Show them how to clean and cook 👍. But never let them stay together in one room; otherwise, you will get washing-up liquid soup and buttered windows 😁.
8. Gymnastics and dancing – that means getting up from the sofa and moving around.
Also, fun is e.g., multiplayer PlayStation games like bowling, tennis, karting, etc. Also popular: Karaoke – i.e., 100% for kids when they can read, and for some adults, possibly for the same reason 🤔😉.
9. Record funny videos and send them to bored relatives and friends. But leave it out with the Tanzmove videos – practically nobody looks good in them 🤢, unless you’re competing for the Award for Embarrassment, then go to 🤣.
Corona Tip No. 4:
Apart from the fact that this is the best time of life, that is, the time of non-social people, there are those who are not so happy about being stuck at home. I think that’s most of them – which I personally can’t understand…
Just because you shouldn’t go out for a while! But I don’t want to be like that, and that’s why today there are some very unselfish tips and tricks to avoid going crazy at home with your own thoughts.
1. Panicking would be a good idea today. But it doesn’t help. So, better leave it.🤪
2. The older ones of us still remember writing letters.💌 It’s very easy. All you need is a piece of paper 🗒and a Stift✏️. Here we go. Just write down what else you write in the virtual world. You have to draw the smiley face yourself! Then you take an envelope – an Umschlag📩 and… Oh? Didn’t you? Then make one yourself – there a YouTube videos how to make it.
Then you write the receiver 📇(who should get the letter?) outside on it and print an Internet stamp 📇. Stick it on the envelope.
The next time you go shopping, throw it in the mailbox.
NOT IN YOUR OWN!📬!!!
In one of those boxes that hang around in the town. You can also hire a courier 📨 if you have too much money 😉.
3. Run around the apartment all day reading and scrolling with your mobile phone and go alternately to Facebook and Twitter. Because of the 140-character rule, the latter is only suitable for laughing fits, which are known to be healing:
Son: “Mom, when can we go out again?”
Mom: “Be quiet and eat your toilet paper 🍽🧻🧻🧻.”
Next to it install Instagram; there you can post any actions. Especially popular are your sports exercises, singing, and dancing, but also nutrition tips, before and after pictures or close-ups of your pets or flower pots.
Next, you need Pinterest. Here you can post everything you make or do at home or pictures from your living room window at different times of the day and weather conditions.
Of course, you can watch your posts coming in.
📱 It’s best if you start your own business right away and become an influencer – don’t confuse it with influenza! But I don’t think there is that much difference at all…
For other programs, look on the Internet at 😉.
4. 📲Video chats are like meeting in real life only without that annoying touching and the different body odors etc. Of course, this can be done via WhatsApp, Messenger, but also Skype. It is more fun than just talking on the phone, and you can even drink coffee or champagne together, virtually. Here you can also play city-country-river or hangman. I’m sure you’ll come up with something on your own.
5. For very bad cases of “missing personal contacts,” listening to music loudly over headphones is suitable – so in any case, all from 14 years on. Keeping YouTube or the TV on all the time can protect you from the silence of your own four walls or your thoughts. Unless you have small children, then this point is useless, and you probably need Corona Tip No. 4 from yesterday 😆.
6. Tip for the very brave! Try a conversation with yourself. Maybe you will find out something new 🤓😜 .
Corona Tip No. 5:
Trim yourself with movement
I have now deliberately only written Trim yourself with movement so that not everyone scrolls on when they read the word Sport in the headline. It’s like me reading something vegan… So, I understand you! 😉
At the latest after 14 days at home, whether with or without children, you know what exercise is important for. Maybe you already have problems getting from the sofa to the bed, or the distance from the kitchen to the living room is too long for you, so you put the TV in the kitchen right away. Unfortunately, this doesn’t make it any better, and if we have to stay at home for a few more weeks, soon there will be no muscles at all.
Since most people are obviously bored anyway, you can use the time to do something for yourself, and it doesn’t have to be a sweaty endurance sport. The side-effect of this is that those of you who don’t like sports will notice that it really does you good and that something moves – or moves again 😉.
1. To panic because of a lack of movement might be incomprehensible behavior of crazy people for many of you. However, it is a proven fact that people tend to become “crazy” because of a lack of exercise. This manifests itself in a lack of concentration and, above all, in irritability. But at the moment, nobody needs that when you are stuck together in a confined space.
2. It is an excuse and a fallacy that at some point, you will be too old or too ill for movement. Or as the Austrian would say: “A little bit goes always.”
3. Already in the morning after waking up, you can stretch your body long in your bed.
First movement unit: check!
You simply do your morning routine round twice, e.g., by going to the coffee machine and opening the curtains. In the bathroom, when washing and brushing your teeth, stand on one leg and then on the other again. Hold on to the sink and squat down five times as far as you can. Advanced users can do this without holding on and increase the number to 10 times.
Second movement unit: check!
The rest of the day, you will keep adding different movements. For example, you could try to stand on one leg while cooking. Or jump into another room on two legs. Before each meal, the family does five jumping jacks – that makes the lodgers happy too. After the meal, everyone tries to grab his feet while sitting and later on not on the sofa but on the floor watching TV – at least for a while. Try sitting on your heels or cross-legged. If there is a draught, it doesn’t matter. If you do this every day, your muscles, tendons, and ligaments will stretch again. If you have various ailments, then I strongly recommend that you do not avoid movement!
You can extend the whole thing almost infinitely if you feel like it: Also, skipping rope jumping (also works with a clothesline) and rubber twist is possible at home. The neighbors have to go through this sometimes.
Third movement unit: check!
4. For the athletes among you, make an appointment, open the window, turn on the music, and then off you go. Happy, who, for example, has a pull-up bar or own weights at home, but even without them, you are not lost 😉. Lifting milk or flour bags – (there should be enough in the house 😉), results in one kilo per hand, 50 repetitions forward, and another 30 to the side. You can extend this as you like. If you want more weight, just put more packs into one bag. Alternatively, you can lift children or furniture.
Perfectly also TRX. With it, you can train endurance and strength only with your body weight and the TRX – great! 😊 Unfortunately, there seem to be delivery problems at the moment, also with the other brands, which are not worse in quality.
Basically, all exercises with your own bodyweight are good, and there are now many sites on the net for every taste. For this, you need nothing but your own body. Planks, squats, push-ups, etc. always work.
5. Six – with e in the middle (no idea if I allowed to write the word S.. at FB). Here you also have movement. I recommend at least three times a week before sleeping. This consumes carbohydrates from dinner and boosts fat burning during the night 😉 .
Corona Tip No. 6:
Kevin with all at home
Unfortunately it is not as funny as the topic seems today, as the reports from China/Wuhan show. People today are not used to get along with each other (in the smallest family group) without being at any events, or in a larger group of friends or relatives. And then only in their own four walls – there, quarrels and trouble are often preprogrammed. That would be the same without Corona; you know how it is when something flies through the apartment, the door slams, or a discussion gets loud. Normal, because people are different and have to rearrange themselves again and again because everyone is always changing (or more).
As you can see in China/Wuhan, unfortunately the percentage of domestic violence is increasing strongly, and this should be avoided in any case! If you start to get violent against each other, you need help. THAT IS WRONG! And don’t tell me you’ll never do that. You can’t know that. But now we’re going to see what you can do to make sure you don’t go there.
1. First of all, today is supposed to be a panic day. Because if you think about it longer and this “staying at home” could last several weeks… But don’t do that and just think about today. And tomorrow maybe 😉.
2. Before we continue with the anger in general, I insert the “aggression part in particular” at the beginning. Or also: Home Schooling.
Unfortunately, it seems to be taking revenge that many people in Europe have no idea about it, also because the schools don’t even want to give it up partially – even now. Many are already overwhelmed after just one week. And with good reason. You are in an exceptional situation to teach your children, and besides your new teaching job, a lot of work has to be done – either in the home office or outside. So, leave the church in the village and, if necessary, make an announcement at the school. You do not have to compensate for what the school closure means.
I certainly don’t have the patent remedy, but in my experience, from homeschooling with SARS, I can recommend you:
Stay calm. Introducing homeschooling usually takes up to a year to run smoothly. That’s not the case for you, so take it easy 😉.
- Make a time per day for lessons – like at school and with breaks, but always do half an hour at the most. It’s enough because only one child is learning, not 30.
- Makes a difference, which subjects come when.
- Write a timetable.
But what doesn’t go in, doesn’t go in, and it won’t work with violence and trouble! The world won’t collapse because of it. You’re not teachers, and if you are, it doesn’t matter. No matter what you do, no matter how much effort and understanding you put into it, your children will probably hate it and always hold it against you :-D. Try to maintain some routine, and the learning times must be binding for the kids; otherwise, there will be no TV or PC games, for example. Maybe the kids could also explain something to you 😉 , or you could try to learn the topic in a playful way if you can, for example, with cooking and baking.
In any case, the problem usually sits in front of the child/children!!! You should NOT make a copy of the school lessons.
2. Most important rule for tantrums in general! Distance. The angrier, the bigger this should be. It’s not so easy now with a curfew, but most countries allowed that you could go to the park and do sports (Corona tip no. 5 from yesterday!). The problem: anger often has nothing to do with the others in the household, but with the situation itself. In other words, with the fact that you yourself cannot cope with the fact that you are sitting in the flat with all your “people.” But THIS is your issue, and so don’t take it out on others – see how you can handle it yourself. So you keep your distance to protect others from you.
3. So that it doesn’t come to that, you should agree on where everyone has their private area/room. If necessary, you can move the apartment completely, separate parts of the room with a ceiling as a curtain, etc. Think – if you have – also about the use of the cellar or attic.
4. Besides privacy, which everyone should have, there are also other rules. Who makes which meals and when? – No! The mother doesn’t have to do that three times a day for seven days! The same applies to clean and tidy up. The best plan is one that everyone makes together. So everybody has his tasks, which is important in order not to feel useless or overworked and on the other hand, everybody has enough free time.
5. in the case of a curfew, not everyone should run to go shopping. If possible, only one (or two 😉). Divide that up for yourself; then you have something to look forward to. In the park, for example, everyone from one household is allowed to go. That is something very good. So get out and don’t forget the ball, also pack the street chalk and skipping rope. But keep your distance from everyone else!
6. Maybe you like to play games. Make time in the day when there is an hour of play. If you feel like it, you can join in – it is not compulsory!
7. An essential piece of advice: Don’t suddenly have to do the same thing at all times. Neither eating nor bathing, nor watching TV. If you don’t all do it at the same time, why should it be like that now? And (mostly from women) such crude ideas like: Great, now we can have a family-together, it rarely works. These are wishful dreams like the prince on the horse 😉.